Mark Wood and Karen Little have been working with young people for a combined total of over 25 years and have seen first hand how allowing the opportunity to learn outdoors and experience the world beyond four walls helps young people have a sense of self-worth and personal identity, relate well to others and form good relationships, become confident and learn transferable skills.
As well as over 25 years joint experience, the founders have an extensive network of contacts in education, social services, housing, drugs and alcohol, training and apprenticeship providers and family support.
- 7 years’ experience working with students in secondary education who are affected by social, emotional and behavioural difficulties
- 5 years experience delivering outdoor education to primary and secondary age children
- 3 years experience supporting families to access SEN and AEN support in schools
- 9 years experience working with young people with ASD and ADHD
- Level 3 Forest School Practitioner
- Outdoor Food Hygiene
- First Aid recognised by the Mountain Leader Training Board
- GNAS Archery Leader
- KCC Camp Leader Certificate
- KCC Camp Fire Management Certificate
- ASD and Self Harm Awareness
- ASD Executive Functioning
- Engaging with Gypsy, Roma and Travelling Groups
- Adolescence and Self harm/suicide
- Parental Engagement – Children with Special Educational Needs
- Understanding Children’s Emotional, Social and Behavioural difficulties
- Contact Karen on 07909031034
- Advanced Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Diploma in Counselling Children and Adolescence
- Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Institute of Outdoor Learning bushcraft certificate.
- Outdoor first aid trained.
- 15 years in care industry working with learning and behaviour, homeless, substance abusers, young offender, mental health, self-defeating behaviours, relationships.
- Private counselling business for seven years
- Trained to devise individual support plans.
- Experience of working with issues such as low self esteem, abuse, addictions, mental health, anxiety and anger management.
- Certificate in the effects of loss and grief.
- Certificate in attachment disorders.
- Certificate in Cognitive behavioural therapy.
- Certificate in understanding self harming.
- Certificate in how to deal with challenging behaviour.
- A registered member of the BACP
- Contact Mark on 07874678792